Fact & Fiction
Top Ten Scams :: Part 2
- "The Altern 8 video for ’ACTIV 8’ has been plagued by problems and has cost a mighty £80,000" claimed the tabloids. Real cost £2,310.
- Mass publicity about the limited edition of "Frequency" being followed by a ritual burning of the master tapes in "Stafford Park" was perhaps McCready’s finest hour. Style magazines battled for an exclusive photo shoot and the Altern 8 fanatics rang the office for details so they could attend. Sorry everybody - we lied. There wasn’t even a multitrack, only a DAT. Mark loved this one.
- "Sorry - we couldn’t possibly consider a million dollars for the American rights. Are you mad? Come back with something better and we’ll talk", the Network response to a certain USA record label. Yes we got carried away with it all and scammed ourselves again.
- The Vick’s connection. Mark and Chris really do use it underneath their masks to ease breathing problems. This time it was true but nobody listened.
- Chris has a parrot that says "Rave on". Not much of a scam but its true.
You Know The Score